Trips like this require a large amount of gear & equipment. Have some unused or gently used stuff in your garage that really should see the light of day? Not only does this drastically cut down on our budget, but it keeps your items out of a landfill. Reuse is the best a�?recyclea�?. We need the following:
For Climbing –
- 5000-6000 cu in backpackA�(Osprey Zenon 85, Kelty Red Cloud, Gregory Electra)
- -20-degree down sleeping bag – sized for 5a��8a�? femaleA�(Mountain Hardware) — OR bag liner that will take my 0-degree bag down to -20-degrees.
Mountaineering harness – size SmallA�(Black Diamond)
- Avalanche transceiver
- Glacier Glasses w/ my prescription; or a�?over the glassa�? version; VLT 4-12%A�(Julbo)
Double plastic mountaineering boots; size 7.5A�(Scarpa preferred b/c my feet are narrow & small)A�Thank you Backcountry Essentials! Gaitors to fit over bootsA�Thank youA�Backcountry Essentials! 10-12 point adjustable cramponsThank you Emilie Cortes! 55′ of 6mm cordelette 15′ of 7mm cordelette
- Mechanical ascender w/ slingA�(Petzl or similar)
- heavyweight insulted glove/mittens a�� 1 pair – size MediumA�(Marmot, Black Diamond)
- Down parka w/ hood – likely Womena��s MediumA�(First Ascent, Mtn Hardware, or custom (for Denali))
- 1 pair soft shell climbing pants – Womena��s MediumA�(First Ascent Mtn Guide pant (or similar))
- 1 pair camp boots a�� synthetic preferred – Womena��s size 7.5A�(Forty Below)
- 1 pair a�� overboots – Womena��s size 7.5A�(Forty Below)
- 1 soft shell jacket, wind & water resistent – Womena��s MediumA�(Patagonia Ascenionist or similar)
- Wind Shirt – lightweight, breathable, weather resistent – Womena��s MediumA�(Patagonia Houdini or similar)
- 1 pair insulated overpants a�� down – likely Womena��s MediumA�(Mtn Hardware or similar or custom)
- 1 pair windstopper gloves (fleece preferred) – Womena��s MediumA�(Mtn Hardware, serius or similar)
- Smooth surface full-length closed cell foam sleeping padA�(Zotefoams or similar)
1 pair snowshoesA�(MSR Denali)Thank you Emilie Cortes!
- 2 lash straps
- Nose guardA�(Beko)
- Sun maskA�(Patagonia)
- Crampon caseA�(Black Diamond)
- 16′ of 1a�? tubular webbing
6′ nylon parachute cordThank you Dora!
- 1 collapsable nalgene or other wide-mouth bottle w/ handle
- Snack food for climbsA�(ThinkThin gluten free protein bars, Larabars, salted mixed nuts (no peanuts), dark chocolate bars, rice crackers)
- Watch w/ loud alarm & barometer/altimeter; would be nice to also have heart rateA�(Suunto or similar)
- Antibiotics: 1 cycle for respiratory, 1 cycle for gastro-intestinal
- Acetazolmide/diamox: 20 pills @ 250mg
- SPOT device (I’ll pay for subscription if gizmo is donated)
Camping & non-climbing –
2 burner gas stove (Coleman)Thank you Joe Eckert! Gas stove fuel containers (Coleman)Thank you Eri & Anders!
- Size 163-165 telemark skis
- Telemark ski boot moldable footbed liners a�� size 7.5 forA�Scarpa T2 (I already have these boots, but liners are way packed out)
- Avalanche probe
2 1 folding camping chairs 2 wash tubs, kitchen styleThank you Dora!
- 2 6gal fuel containers (red)
- 2 6gal water containers (diff color)
- Rack or strap system to easily carry 6gal containers on or in pickup
- 4 new all-terrain mud & snow tires (Michelin or similar)
Second car battery systemThank you Dan Stone!
- 2 tire rims that’ll fit my tire size (ask me for size) forA�1997 Toyota Tacoma
- Clutch replacement for 1997 Tacoma
Spanish language CDsThank you Aaron from Travel Talk!
Contact us to donate anything on this list. Much obliged!